SMART Pathway Construction Project
SMART includes a public pedestrian-bicycle pathway that will run along the corridor and connect to each station. A detailed SMART Pathway System progress map and an Overview SMART Pathway System Map are available.
SMART was selected to receive a $12.6 million grant to fund its bicycle and pedestrian pathway project in Petaluma, Rohnert Park and Santa Rosa. SMART is currently gearing up to begin construction of the bicycle-pedestrian pathway between Payran Street to Southpoint Boulevard in Petaluma. To view a progress map of the pathway, please click here.
SMART has completed the following segments:
- Healdsburg: Front Street to Grant Street,
- Santa Rosa: Sixth Street to Guerneville Road,
- Rohnert Park/Cotati: East Avenue to Golf Course Drive.
- Rohnert Park: Sonoma Mountain Village to the Cotati SMART Train Station,
- Southwest Santa Rosa: Hearn Avenue to Bellevue Avenue, with pathway connections to Downtown Santa Rosa SMART Station.
- Novato/Petaluma: SMART Novato San Marin Station to County Line,
- Novato: Rush Creek Place to SMART Novato San Marin Station,
- Novato: SMART Novato Hamilton Station to Hamilton Parkway,
- Novato: Franklin pedestrian crossing (near Sutter Health) to Grant Street in downtown Novato (future Novato Downtown Station),
- San Rafael: North San Pedro Road to SMART Marin Civic Center Station,
- San Rafael: Merrydale Road to Mission Avenue.