SMART WiFi FAQs
How do I connect to Wi-Fi on the train?
- Go to your settings, and connect to the “SMART-WiFi” public network.
- Open a web browser and enter SMARTWiFi.com in the address bar.
- Review and accept the terms and conditions to connect to the internet.
What kind of internet speed can I expect?
- SMART-WiFi uses the same technology as your mobile phone for internet access and speeds will vary throughout the train route.
Can I use SMART-WiFi to stream video content or download large files?
- Passengers on the train share the same limited mobile bandwidth. Streaming video content or downloading large files may take longer and will slow the connection for other passengers. Please keep this in mind when using SMART-WiFi.
Why did I lose my internet connection when switching from one train car to another?
- If you move from one train car to another, you will need to re-open your web browser and go to: www.smartwifi.com and reconnect to the internet.
I connected to the Internet at a SMART station. Why is my Internet connection not working on the train?
- Internet access at SMART stations is covered by a different network provider. You will need to connect to “SMART-WiFi” when onboard trains.
If I have trouble connecting, who can I contact?
- First try rebooting your device and follow the instructions above to access SMART-WiFi. If you are still having trouble, you can call the support line at 888-720-8880 or email us at SMARTSupport@thegbsgroup.us.