Passengers Are Required to Wear Facial Coverings When Riding SMART
Since the COVID-19 outbreak began, SMART has followed recommendations from the CDC and state and local public health officials when implementing measures to ensure the health and safety of employees and the public. As part of these measures, SMART continues to thoroughly clean and wipe down the trains with a disinfectant twice-daily.
Before each train is put back in service, SMART crews:
- thoroughly clean the train restrooms including sanitizing the toilet, sink, mirror, walls and baby changing station
- refill soap dispensers and service water
- wipe down interior surfaces, including seats, seat back trays, tables, hand rails, windows, and luggage racks
- sweep, vacuum, and mop interior floors
- empty all trash and recycle bins
Everyone should continue to remain home sheltering in place, except for essential activities, and maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from others when outside of their homes. To learn more about SMART’s Social Distancing Protocol, visit SonomaMarinTrain.org/SocialDistancing.